Premier Gynecology of Austin Services
Dr. Edgerton offers a number of surgical services both in-office and hospital based.
His primary goal is to provide a minimally invasive approach that reduces pain and recovery time.
- Major and minor gynecologic procedures offered
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery (including hysterectomy)
- Sterilization procedures (traditional and incision-free methods)
- Incontinence corrective procedures
- Vaginal Prolapse procedures to restore correct anatomy
Incision-free surgical procedures:
Incision-free procedures are available at the office for your convenience. Why endure general anesthesia and the cost of being in the hospital?
Dr. Edgerton can provide the following procedures in the comfort of the office setting:
- Hysteroscopy, this is the use of a camera to evaluate and visualize the inside of the uterus
- Permanent birth control, Dr. Edgerton is skilled at providing two methods of permanent intrauterine contraception. By blocking the fallopian tubes, permanent birth control is provided without incisions. More importantly, women can be free of strong hormonal types of birth control that often cause side many effects. Most patients resume normal activities the very next day! For more information on these procedures: www.essure.com and www.adiana.com
- Endometrial ablation, by applying heat energy to the inner lining of the uterus, frustrating irregular bleeding and heavy periods can be reduced or eliminated! An ablation renders the uterus inactive without compromising a woman's sexual or hormonal function. This procedure takes about 2-3 minutes and most patients return to normal activities the next day! For more information on this procedure: www.novasure.com
- Excision of abnormal tissue, often abnormal vaginal or cervical tissue needs to be removed for evaluation. Dr. Edgerton strives to provide this in a comfortable way with proper anesthesia. Examples include: LEEP Procedure, Skin Tag Removal, Dysplasia excision, etc.
- Dilation & Curettage (D&C), this is the dilation of the cervix and the curettage (cleaning) of the inside of the uterus. Most commonly this is performed for heavy bleeding and early first trimester miscarriages.
Dr. Edgerton is currently accepting new gynecology patients in his downtown Austin, Texas office.
Questions? Please call 512-459-4405 for additional information or to schedule a consultation.